Schlyce’s podcast this week, entitled, “Detoxing from Religion,” is a powerful and challenging examination of the true nature of “religion” and the impact it has on our relationship with God, ourselves, and others.
Many people think, “I’m not religious,” or that religion is just some form of legalism. But it goes much deeper than that. Religion, in its purest form, is rooted in the notion of separation from God.
Religion’s big lie – that there is an ‘independent you’ – causes all kinds of problems in our lives.
It causes us to pursue self-righteousness (a righteousness apart from Christ) and sets us up as judge.
But when you independently judge yourself or others, for good or bad, from a place of being independent from God, you fall into the sin of pride.
And whether we realize it or not, our independent judgements are what cause the pain in our lives, not the actual events of our lives.
In this episode, Schlyce talks about:
- How the root of sin that came from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is ‘independence from God’
- The role that self-consciousness, sin-consciousness, and judgement play in determining whether or not we are religious
- How the sin that entered the world at the fall is not our true state of being
- Our true nature and our origin in Christ (perfect, blameless, and holy) before the fall
- The reason non-judgment is more powerful than forgiveness
Beloved, the Gospel is the declaration that there is no self left to judge because our union with God started before the foundation of the world!
As you listen to this week’s podcast, you’ll be empowered to step down off of the judgement seat, embrace your state of “forever forgiven,” and melt into the peace and freedom that comes from living in an unbreakable union with God.
Listen to Episode #30 – Detoxing from Religion:
Grab your FREE copy of Schlyce’s life transforming book, The Path: Journey with God and Live Your Purpose! It will help you experience more of God and live out of your union with Him so that you can hear Him clearly about your life purpose and start living it now!