This podcast episode, entitled, “On Earth As It Is In Heaven,” takes a different perspective on the Lord’s Prayer than many of us are used to.
The question posed is: Are we reading and interpreting what Jesus taught His disciples to pray as it was meant for them before He went to the cross, or as new covenant Christians who have the benefit of reading it after the sacrifice was made?
Many traditional concepts about the Kingdom of God, His provision, forgiveness, deliverance, and especially ‘on Earth as it is in Heaven,’ take on new meaning when you look at the Lord’s Prayer from a post-cross lens.
What does that mean? Here are just a couple of examples that Schlyce goes through in the podcast:
- Before the cross – our Father in Heaven
- After the cross – our Father in Heaven which is now in us
- Before the cross – hallowed be Your name (requesting that the glory of His name manifest)
- After the cross – hallowed is Your name (the glory of His name manifested in and through Jesus which is now the inheritance inside of the saints)
- Before the cross – let Your Kingdom come
- After the cross – His Kingdom has come, His will was done through Jesus
(Here is the link to the Love Note from God referenced in the podcast.)
Listen to Episode #41 – On Earth As It Is In Heaven
Subscribe: Apple Podcast |PlayerFM | Google Podcast | Spotify | Listen Notes
Grab your FREE copy of Schlyce’s life transforming book, The Path: Journey with God and Live Your Purpose! It will help you experience more of God and live out of your union with Him so that you can hear Him clearly about your life purpose and start living it now!