The new podcast series, “The God of Desire,” is going to provide a godly paradigm for desires, redeem pleasure, and rattle some religious bones!
In the Western church, we tend to think of desire as a bad thing, and because we are disconnected from this attribute of God, we think that a godly life is somber and all about sacrifice and suffering.
But, what if desire is sacred? Everyday in the beginning God ‘saw that it was good.’ All of creation was created for His pleasure and really points to God’s desire (not to mention His creativity)!
So, why have we deemed desire to be a bad thing? Why do we have this legalistic way of relating to God?
In this week’s episode:
- A dive into gnosticism – the belief that the natural material realm is evil
- How gnosticism is a misunderstanding of what happened on the cross and is a legalistic denial of the goodness displayed in God’s redeemed creation
- Gnosticism and the anti-christ
- The connection between delight and desire
- Union-inspired desires and how they release and display the glory of God
- The desires of our hearts and learning to trust the presence of God within us
In the context of the Gospel and the redemption of creation that happened at the cross, our desires are holy. They are clues to our purpose. They are reflections of God’s desires. This series will be a confrontation with our self-righteousness, sin-consciousness, and our perceived separation from Him.
Listen to Episode #120 – The God of Desire, Part 1
Are you ready to hear from God about His purpose for your life? Check out my FREE Masterclass – 5 Keys to Hearing God About Your Life Purpose and Transitioning Into It!
In this FREE video training, I’ll be revealing the 5 Shifts you need to make to hear God specifically and clearly about your life purpose so that you can transition into it in the next 90 days!